Skip to main content

Midnight Stallion

So I'm watching this movie on Pure Flix with my children.  Suddenly so many things are speaking to me.  If you've never seen it, it's about a family that is about to lose their farm and enter a horse race that is giving the winner $40-50,000.  They mortgage everything so they can to build a crop to get money to catch things up.  There is so much rain that it floods it.  There is a family who moved into the town and took over the banking, town, etc.  They are not very merciful and very challenging.  Seems like they are trying to see how they can set them up to fail.  The father gave the last bit of money to enter a horse race with a wild stallion.  The wife says on the way home "how can we give the last bit of money we have. Why are you dreaming?  It's not gonna do anything."  The father says sometimes you just gotta dream and trust that things will work out.

Isn't that what real life is like? We live life and face struggles.  We often give up on dreams because they seem so intangible. Almost like they are only a dream and nothing that will actually come to pass. In Nashville, TN, there was a young lady that was from New Zealand in a very poverty area.  In fact she quite often didn't have food to take with her for lunch as a child.  She often bullied others to eat. She was in a lot of trouble growing up.  Now she's one of the 300 millionaires in the company.  Not only that, it's a 7 billion dollar company that is finding solutions that help people.  I imagine in life she thought many things were only a dream and never a possibility.  Now she's changing lives in her hometown.  Changing their legacy and destiny.

What kind of freedom do you dream about?  Is it that shirt or dress you haven't worn in years but you tucked it away hoping maybe someday it will happen again?  Honestly, that was me.  Is it your gut that feels like someone just clawed you to death?  Nobody sees it and sees the outside.  You look amazing, yet nobody sees the inside.  You seem like you have it all together but when everyone is not looking, tears are running down your face wondering how you could change things.  You pray and ask the Lord to guide you but there are no answers on what to do or where to turn.  You've tried so many things and yet you feel like it's a continual yoyo.  I believe that the Lord wants us to not only be good stewards with our money, but our life, how we live our life, the way we think and the way we walk.

The freedom that I see is running marathons here on the island.  I did one last spring, Mother's Day weekend.  I thought it was a 5k and realized it was an 8k a couple weeks before.  First race I ever registered for ever.  I told others that it was awesome that they could do it but I never saw myself doing it.  I ran the 5 miles and finished 9th of 15 in my age group.  I see this being something that I continue to conquer.

Not only physically set free, but I see our family being debt free too.  It's something we've only dreamed about.  When life throws lemons at you, you make lemonade.  Or so they say.  You can let defeat settle in or you can overcome these stumbling blocks.

Something you should know is, I'm human just like anybody else.  I bleed the same.  I have feelings, struggle, battlefields to overcome and I've had to be an overcomer.  I have my eye on the finish line and I'm looking for others that want to lock arms and dream with me.  It's not just dreaming though...it's real.  Big things are gonna happen for me and you can have them too.

What kind of freedom are you looking for in your life? Maybe it's a student loan, car payment, house payment or you just want to say yes when the family wants to go do something special.  Sometimes it gets so discouraging saying..."I'm sorry we cant..."  What if...you could change that?  What would this do for you?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homemade Samoas Cookies

  Homemade Samoas Cookies SERVINGS  12 PREP TIME  30 minutes   mins COOK TIME  15 minutes   mins Ingredients For the Cookies 1 1/2   cups   almond flour   (or oat flour, see below) 1/4   cup   pure maple syrup   (or honey) 1/4   tsp   salt For the Caramel 1/4 cup   + 2 tbsp   tahini   (or other nut/seed butter, see below) 1/4   cup   pure maple syrup   (or honey) 3/4   cup   shredded unsweetened coconut  1/4   tsp   salt For the Topping 3/4   cup   dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips   (I use dairy free and refined sugar free) 1   tsp   coconut oil   (optional) Instructions Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a large baking tray with parchment paper. While the oven preheats, mix together the cookie ingredients in a small dish. If the dough is too sticky, add more flour. If the dough is too dry, add more sweetener. Once the dough is mixed, divide it into 12 evenly sized balls. Place each ball on the lined baking tray and flatten using your fingers or the palms of your hand. Then create a

Don’t...

Don’t be held captive by your thoughts... #motivationalmonday This hit me like a brick.  For so long I let myself be a prisoner by my thoughts, how I felt when I looked in the mirror, insecurities, lack of self confidence and now I feel like a whole new person!  I’m thankful that Jesus helped me through some of my darkest storms. Even when I feel alone, I know He is right beside me. Not to mention the amazing family I’ve been gifted.  I’m truly blessed.   Life is important. 👉 YOU 👈 are important.   Hope you have an awesome day and Happy New Year!

How important is breakfast...

Eight Reasons to Start Your Day With a Protein-Dense Shake.....  Your mom always told you that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Of course, mom’s always right. But does the science back her recommendation up? From an array of studies, scientists have demonstrated the efficacy of breakfast for a variety of health benefits. The number of these benefits also increase if that early morning meal is higher in protein, particularly in the form of a protein-dense shake. Here is a running list that should give you more reasons to start every day with a nutritious, high-protein meal. Or, better yet, a protein-dense meal-replacement shake: 1. Improved Concentration and Memory From large observational trials, mainly targeted toward children, breakfast is shown to be strongly associated with improved concentration and memory (1) Scientists suggest that this is due to breakfast’s immediate impact on blood sugar to fuel young brains (2,3). In one of the largest systematic r