Skip to main content

Devastation...

 MEET DIXIE (aka Miami when we got her)

 





MEET AND BEWARE OF DIXIE’s BREEDER BELOW


BUYER BEWARE: 

Cari Mulligan, Located on Drummond Island, MI;

Yorkshire Terrier Breeder at Frayer Creek Yorkshire Terriers

(Photo below this heading: Cari Mulligan 

from Drummond Island, MI)





As a health coach, many have watched my health journey and not only that but my well being mentally and emotionally.  I have come so far.  You wouldn’t recognize the old me.  I have confidence, comfortable in my own skin and now I help others rise above their struggles.  


Sometimes though...life throws situations at us that are much bigger than us.  This not only affected myself but my whole family.  My youngest finally doesn't wake up crying asking for Dixie.  I'm thankful for adaptogens and things to help with anxiety in a natural form through vitamins and minerals.  It really has been so helpful.  What is my story?  Who is Dixie that was only with us for 3 short weeks, though the last week seems like eternity trying to do all I could to nurse her back to health.  It wasn't enough.  Please hear my story.  Share it for others to know so that they will not go through the pain we have.


My heart has been so broken for almost a year now.  I’ve have wanted a Yorkie for a very long time.  My husband said let's get one.  So I did some research trying to find one close by.  I found this Yorkie group “Michigan Yorkie Owners And Breeders”   I made a post January 27th looking for a Yorkie in Mackinaw City/St. Ignace area.  There were a couple options and Drummond Island was one of them. Cari, from Drummond Island, and I talked quite a bit.  After several conversations, I put my deposit down. Pup wasn’t ready until March/April 2020 so that was ok with us.  We live on nearby island as well so winter boats are a little more tricky with getting across though last year was very mild so only 2 weeks they didn’t run.  She was willing to meet at McDonald's parking lot.  I honestly picked it because it was a public place and sure that others would be around making it safer.  I was so excited ready to have our own puppy again.  I met Cari and honestly she was so sweet.  She had a couple other pups with her.  She was going to make a trip downstate to deliver another.  I was determined that I was going to go get Miami (Dixie) looked at by a vet that day.  Cari said she has been in the business for 15 years and she mentioned I had 3-5 days to get her checked and if I didn’t want to keep her I could exchange her for another or money back.  Schools in Michigan had shut down the week prior.  I had no idea we were going to be shut down that next week.  When I got to Cheboygan, MI, I saw the vet.  I’m glad that he waited for me because he wasn’t going to.  He told me some news I wasn’t looking to hear.  He said come here so I can show you this.  Miami had 2 bilateral hernias.  He said it’s hereditary, these are not good at all, she’s going to need major surgery soon, there were some issues of where the hernias were, the response of the hernia as he pressed them and let go.  He told me you should give her back.  I called Cari crying on my way back to St. Ignace telling her what I found out.  She asked me what I wanted to do.  She acted shocked about the hernias and that she hadn’t had many cases.  She said when she did, the vet would do a surgery on the hernia and they were good to go.  When I asked about meeting her that day so I didn’t have to take Miami home, she was already back on her boat to Drummond Island.  So I had no choice but to take Miami home.  Since we were going to watch and see, keeping her, we decided to name her Dixie.  The breeder told us to keep in contact with her and keep her updated.  She also mentioned that if something happened she could work something out with us.  I consulted with a vet from our island through virtual.  We did the best we could with the pandemic that we were facing and he thought it was possible that we could just get her fixed and do hernias at the same time when she was old enough. 


For 2 weeks, her spunky personality filled the house with so much joy.  She was gaining weight, played ball, strutted herself around the house like she was the boss (she really was 😂😂), and the happiness she added to our lives is something we will always treasure. 


April 5th she got sick.  I honestly thought maybe she ate something she wasn’t supposed to.  I found it hard to believe since I was so adament about everything being picked up and vacuumed daily.  Kids all chimed in to help make sure puppy didn’t eat things she wasn’t supposed to.  I was in constant contact with the vet, sometimes twice a day.  He kept checking her hydration and that was still ok.  He mentioned IV fluids to keep her hydrated and nauseous medicine.  We did both.  I thought we were heading uphill and getting better. 


April 9th my daughter carried Dixie in and she looked awful.  I got dressed as fast as I could and ran to the boat.  I called so they wouldn’t leave me.  Went to the vet in Cheboygan only to be given no hope.  Hospitalized and not sure she’d even make it.  He wanted to euthanize her.  I couldn’t.  I did get a couple more hours with her but she passed before I even could get her home.  I know I did everything I could but it hurts. 


I’m sure we will get another pup but I just feel like someone needs to hear my story.  I thought this breeder was good.   She said she was AKC certified so if you wanted to get her registered you could accept in our case she could never breed with hernias.  I did get the $250 charge reimbursed for that but no help.  She said it was hypoglycemic while all the vet papers lead to the bilateral hernias.  I don’t want others to go through the pain that we have.  It’s left a hole that sometimes feels so deep at times. 


She use to be on Facebook and still might (I'm sure I'm blocked) but can be found on hoobly as well as other pet sites.  She represented herself as living in Ohio but pickup was at Drummond Island.  If you know geography, that's quite a difference in location.  


Not to mention, I called AKC and she is not on the list.   She claims to be. She informs you when picking up your pup that she will mail you the akc papers when she gets them.  I know someone that purchased a pup shortly after me and still does not have her papers.  


My final note...Please really dig deep to check your breeder out.  Don't go through what I did.  Ask for references.  Make sure they are really who they say they are.  She said all the right things and I thought she would stand by her pups.  What really matters is the money and she's a horrible breeder.  She ignores your calls and she never refunded/replaced puppy.



As I continue to find more info, which seems to be the case.  I will update.  

So far this is what I have below.


Please beware of this breeder, Cari Mulligan from Drummond Island. 


She is located on LinkedIn at http://linkedin.com/in/cari-milligan-94a813168


Here is an article that I wished I would have seen before I dealt with Cari:

Ripoff Report > Drummond Island, and Grand Ledge, Michigan  ripoffreport.com

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ripoffreport.com/amp/reports/frayercreekyorkies/drummond-island-and-grand-ledge-michigan-49726/frayercreekyorkies-cari-milligan-sold-me-a-teacup-yorkie-and-would-not-back-her-health-g-1466921


Here is another site connected with her:

https://sites.google.com/site/frayercreekyorkshire/home/available-puppies?fbclid=IwAR0B9iqEIfodTcHn34zYgoAAHjJPzYNbnRDkAdcSl9LPpy93DO90_SsNN88


UPDATED 2/18/21:
https://www.hoobly.com/u/kissedbyanangel





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homemade Samoas Cookies

  Homemade Samoas Cookies SERVINGS  12 PREP TIME  30 minutes   mins COOK TIME  15 minutes   mins Ingredients For the Cookies 1 1/2   cups   almond flour   (or oat flour, see below) 1/4   cup   pure maple syrup   (or honey) 1/4   tsp   salt For the Caramel 1/4 cup   + 2 tbsp   tahini   (or other nut/seed butter, see below) 1/4   cup   pure maple syrup   (or honey) 3/4   cup   shredded unsweetened coconut  1/4   tsp   salt For the Topping 3/4   cup   dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips   (I use dairy free and refined sugar free) 1   tsp   coconut oil   (optional) Instructions Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a large baking tray with parchment paper. While the oven preheats, mix together the cookie ingredients in a small dish. If the dough is too sticky, add more flour. If the dough is too dry, add more sweetener. Once the dough is mixed, divide it into 12 evenly sized balls. Place each ball on the lined baking tray and flatten using your fingers or the palms of your hand. Then create a

Don’t...

Don’t be held captive by your thoughts... #motivationalmonday This hit me like a brick.  For so long I let myself be a prisoner by my thoughts, how I felt when I looked in the mirror, insecurities, lack of self confidence and now I feel like a whole new person!  I’m thankful that Jesus helped me through some of my darkest storms. Even when I feel alone, I know He is right beside me. Not to mention the amazing family I’ve been gifted.  I’m truly blessed.   Life is important. 👉 YOU 👈 are important.   Hope you have an awesome day and Happy New Year!

How important is breakfast...

Eight Reasons to Start Your Day With a Protein-Dense Shake.....  Your mom always told you that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Of course, mom’s always right. But does the science back her recommendation up? From an array of studies, scientists have demonstrated the efficacy of breakfast for a variety of health benefits. The number of these benefits also increase if that early morning meal is higher in protein, particularly in the form of a protein-dense shake. Here is a running list that should give you more reasons to start every day with a nutritious, high-protein meal. Or, better yet, a protein-dense meal-replacement shake: 1. Improved Concentration and Memory From large observational trials, mainly targeted toward children, breakfast is shown to be strongly associated with improved concentration and memory (1) Scientists suggest that this is due to breakfast’s immediate impact on blood sugar to fuel young brains (2,3). In one of the largest systematic r